There were so many unexpected twists and turns at Wimbledon this year it made your head spin. What began as ‘normal’ in the world of one of the most prestigious tennis events, ended up being less than the definition of normal. The enfolding events were entirely unpredictable (as events usually are). But those who were expected to win, were sent home packing with their tattered racquets and ego in tow. It all began in the quarter finals when the Williams sisters both lost on the same day for the first time in their Wimbledon history — a history that spanned 9 years with 9 Wimbledon wins between the two of them.
The Williams Sisters
- She happens to be in a 9 personal year which represents a year of endings and changes.
- She is in a 6 personal month during a 9 personal year which offers her the opportunity to let go of certain behaviors that she needs to outgrow – so apropos.
- Her heart’s desire number is a 9 and this number represents one’s true motivations in life and this increases her capacity for self-sacrifice towards her main goal in life – tennis.
- Her mental expression number is a 9 which represents the emotional and intuitive side of one’s nature. Instinctively she probably knew she wasn’t going to win her match as the mind is always dealing with the world of thoughts that swirl around inside. Case in point, Venus actually offered less resistance to her opponent Tsvetana Piroknova who beat her 6-3; 7-6. If you add up Venus’s points 3 + 6 comes to the number 9.
- Venus’ Essence Number resonates to an 18/9 this year. This is a year in which her ideals will be tested and she will have to learn to let go of old habits. This was obvious in a repeat match against Pironkova who beat her last year at Wimbledon. She played badly and missed easy forehand volleys and shots she should have gotten.
- Venus is 31 years old in 2011. Both numbers reduce to the number 4 and represents (among other things) rebuilding old foundational structures. Her foundation – tennis – was altered yesterday. But she will rebuild emotionally, physically and spiritually and come back stronger than ever next year when she will be in a 1 personal year as the number 1 always provides opportunities to start over and begin anew.
- She is in a 3 personal year which brings personal growth and expansion but also during a 3 personal year there are often times delays and disappointments which she most certainly experienced yesterday. After yesterday’s brutal loss, this will obviously force her to stop and regroup her physical and mental health. Those of us who follow tennis know that Serena has been plagued for the past year with all kinds of health issues and this all started in her personal 2 year in which her drive and momentum was drastically reduced due to her emotional, physical and mental response to her numerous injuries and health issues.
- Serena is in a 9 personal month during a 3 personal year which brings instability.
- The 3 is following her this year and showing up in a major way. Her expression number is 21/3 which represents the goal orientation of one’s life. One of the lessons of the 21/3 is concentration and focus — all of which she will have to regain after yesterday’s loss.
- Her heart’s desire is a 12/3 and again, the heart’s desire represents one’s true motivations in life. For Serena this provides her with the ability to be more positive and uplifting and I believe, if memory serves me correct, she is the most positive and uplifting of the two sisters – so this attribute will certainly come in handy right about now.
- Serena is in a 9 personal month in June 2011, so again this number represents endings and changes. With her health issues, she most likely suspected this Wimbledon loss could be in the cards.
Maria Sharpova vs Petra Kvitova in the Women’s Championship finals on July 2, 2011
- Both women advanced to the finals on a 12/3 universal day and each have a 12/3 Life Path number.
- Sharpova is in a personal 9 year which is a time of completion, endings and changes. 9 represents inner wisdom and is the humanitarian. Sharapova is a Goodwill Ambassador for the UNDP and has made large donations to the project.
- I am not surprised at Sharapova’s loss at Wimbledon this year, as a 9 personal year number can be challenging with a lot of endings. But then again, endings force a new beginnings and an opportunity to start over. I am sure she will regroup and find her weakness and next year in a personal 1 year, she will have the perfect opportunity to make a come back.
- Kvitova is in a 6 personal year which is an emotionally charged year for her and a time of deep feelings, responsibility and a nurturing of plans.
- Kvitova won her first Women’s Wimbledon championship today in a personal 6 year which served her very well. she dug in and claimed the big prize. She also happens to be in a personal 4 month which is a time of rebuilding and taking charge.
- Kvitova won on a 13/4 day which has karmic debt undertones where one will work extremely hard to overcome any obstacle time and time again.
Rafal Nadal versus Novak Djokovic in the Men’s Championship finals on Sunday 7/3/2011
Spain’s hero, Rafa Nadal faced Novak Djokovic in the Championship game of the Men’s finals at Wimbledon yesterday and Rafa was favored to win, but instead he lost to the new National Serbian hero (of tennis), Novak Djokovic.
- July 3, 2011 was a 14/5 universal day – another day with karmic debt undertones. One of the 14 karmic debt lessons is the ability to adapt to unexpected changes. Nadal certainly had to learn this lesson today
- In July 2011 Rafa Nadal is in a 2 personal month in a 4 personal year which represents all important relationships – business and personal. Even with this 2011 Wimbledon loss, he still has 10 Grand Slam single titles (two at Wimbledon) and he’s sitting very well with his business partners. 10 is a charming number – the number of good luck and good destiny. 10 Grand Slam single titles has a nice ring to it.
- 2 is the number of partnerships as well as relationships, so perhaps he and his beautiful girlfriend can spend some quality time together now that Wimbledon 2011 is a thing of the past. During a 4 personal year, some of the hallmarks are commitment, concentration and focus.
- All of his fans and those in the world of tennis are left befuddled at this extraordinary loss – I mean Rafa couldn’t even find the words to explain what happened.
- Rafa will have to put in motion the commitment to working on his foundation – tennis – as he prepares himself for the many changes which he will encounter during the year. Right now he is experiencing limitation and frustration – but this too shall pass. He needs only remember the 10 grand slam titles under his belt rather than throwing a pity party.
- Djokovic’s personal year and July personal month mirror’s Rafa Nadal’s – both are in a 2 personal month in a 4 personal year and building relationships and work foundations will remain his priorities this year.
- Djokovic happens to have a 17/8 expression number which provides him the power and potential to achieve great things. Couple this with his 22 birthday number – a master number which provides him with vision and the capacity to materialize success in a huge way – for he is only beginning his greatness. This year he beat two of the most dominant players in the world of tennis over the past 5 years. He staked his claim at Wimbledon and imposed himself on the best of the best. And in the end he was declared the winner.